Thursday, 21 January, the Holy Father Francis received in a private audience Cardinal Angelo Amato, S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, during which he authorised the Congregation to promulgate the following decrees:
- Blessed Stanislaw of Jesus and Mary (né Jan Papczy?ski), Polish founder of the Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception. (1631-1701);
- Blessed Jose Gabriel del Rosario Brochero, Argentine diocesan priest (1840-1914);
- Blessed Jose Sánchez del Río, Mexican child martyr (1913-1928);
- Venerable Servant of God Francesco Maria Greco, Italian diocesan priest, founder of the Congregation of the Little Workers of the Sacred Heart (1857-1931);
- Venerable Servant of God Elisabetta Sanna, Italian layperson and widow, of the Third Order of St. Francis, member of the Catholic Apostolic Union founded by St. Vincent Pallotti (1788-1857);
- Venerable Servant of God Engelmar Unzeitig (né Hubert), German professed priest of the Congregation of Missionaries of Mariannhill, killed in hatred of the faith in 1945);
- Servants of God Genaro Fueyo Castañón, Spanish diocesan priest, and three companions, laypersons killed in hatred of the faith in 1936;
- Servant of God Iustus Takayama Ukon, Japanese layperson, killed in hatred of the faith in 1615.
- Servant of God Arsenio da Trigolo (né Giuseppe Migliavacca), professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin, Italian founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of Mary Most Holy Consolatrix (1849-1909);
- Servant of God Maria Luisa of the Most Holy Sacrament (née Maria Velotti), Italian member of the Third Order of St. Francis and founder of the Franciscan Sisters Adorers of the Holy Cross (1826-1886).