By Mmaduabuchi Onwumelu
The Anambra State House of Assembly has confirmed receipt of a 20-memner list of commissioner nominations from the Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, in letters dated March 23, 2022 and addressed to the legislature.
Reading out the letter by the Speaker of Anambra State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Uche Victor Okafor, during Tuesday’s plenary, Rt. Hon. Okafor confirmed that Special Advisers’ nomination lists were also received by the House.
Rt. Hon Okafor directed the lists to the House Committee on Screening for further scrutiny and legislative actions, pending its presentation to the plenary of the House for possible consideration on the next adjourned date slated for Tuesday April 5, 2022.
Below is the list of commissioner designates submitted by the executive to the legislature:
- Dr. Forster Ihejiofor, Commissioner for Agriculture.
- Prof. Offornze Amuchieazi, SAN, Commissioner for Lands.
- Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma, Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure.
- Ms. Chiamaka Helen Nnake, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning.
- Dr. Afam Ben Obidike, Commissioner for Health.
- Mr. Patrick Agha Mba, Commissioner for Youth Development.
- Mrs. Ifeyinwa Marycelline Obinabo, Commissioner for Women’s and Social Welfare.
- Dr. Obinna Chima Ngonadi, Commissioner for Commerce and Industry.
- Engr. Julius Mmelikam Chukwuemeka, Commissioner for Power and Water Resources.
- Prof. Ngozi Theresa Chuma-Udeh, Commissioner for Education.
- Mr. Paul Nwosu, Commissioner for Information.
- Mr. Ifeatu Chinedu Onejeme, Commissioner for Finance.
- Barr. (Mrs) Patricia Ifeoma Igwebuike, Commissioner for Transport.
- Engr. Felix Chinedu Odimegwu, Commissioner for Environment.
- Mr. Chikodi Anara, Commissioner for Homeland Affairs.
- Prof. (Mrs) Sylvia Chika Ifejeme, Attorney General/Commissioner for Justice
- Mr. Collins Anthony Nwabunwanne, Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs.
- Mr. Donatus Nduka Onyenji, Commissioner for Culture, Entertainment and Tourism.
- Barr. Anthony Ikechukwu Ifeanya, Commissioner for Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
- Barr. Paulinus Ifechukwu Onyeka, Commissioner for Housing..