How Owner of SUMEC Fireman Generator Was Killed

By Abuchi Onwumelu

Anambra State born billionaire and owner of Fireman Generators, Chief Ignatius Odunukwe, who went missing since first week of December 2019, has been found dead.

He hailed from Oraukwu in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.
According to reports, the billionaire was killed, cut into pieces and his body packed into a ”Ghana Must Go” bag which his murderers took to the expressway and dumped inside a forest.

Some criminals who pretended to be land buyers called him on the phone because they heard he had a property for sale.

They agreed on a price and the agreement for the purchase was drafted by his lawyer.

Both parties agreed to meet on an agreed date for the exchange and that was when the whole drama started.

Chief Odunukwe’s lawyer suggested going with him for the signing but he declined and told him he needed to see someone at Ikoyi Club and that was the last time they saw him.

When the billionaire did not come back home, his family reported the incident to the police and they started investigations.

They eventually arrested one of them. On searching his house, they saw the original land documents already signed.

The man claimed he already finalized the deal and paid the billionaire but when the police asked him to provide the bank account where he paid, he claimed that he paid with gold.

That was when the police knew he was telling a lie. He was further investigated and remanded in prison custody.

Few days later, there was a breakthrough in the case and the police arrested two more men.

They were reportedly tortured and they confessed that they picked up the billionaire and forced him to sign the documents. They killed him, cut his body into pieces and packed the parts into a Ghana Must Go bag and dumped it inside a forest on the Badagry Expressway.

On January 16, 2020, the police took the man’s family and the criminals to the forest where they retrieved the bag.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Anambra Police Command, SP Haruna Mohammed, said that it was the Lagos State Police Command that carried out the investigation, noting that it was their jurisdiction to do so since the crime was committed in Lagos State.