By Ikeugonna Eleke
Fire fighters in Anambra State have saved a two-storey building in Awka, the state capital, from being razed down after fire broke out in one of the apartments.
A source said the fire broke out from one of the apartments in the building after a surge occasioned by electricity current sparked fire.
The incident was confirmed by the chief fire fighter in the Anambra State Fire Service, Mr Martin Agbili.
Agbili said, ‘At about 10.40am of today (Sunday), being 30th of January, 2022, we received a distress call of a fire outbreak in a two-storey building at Amikwo-Awka.
‘We immediately deployed our fire truck and firefighters to the fire scene. We were able to control and extinguish the fire. The fire affected only one of the rooms of the flat where the fire emanated. The building was completely saved,’ he said.
Agbili urged residents to always switch off their electrical and electronics appliances whenever they were not in use to avoid power surge.