By Chioma Nnagbo
It is wonderful to have kids in the kitchen helping out with some small chores while cooking is going on, it’s also good to catch them young. But In all, when certain precautions are not taken, the reserve will be case. I find this very interesting, lets help to make cooking interesting and safe for children
Here are some important safety tips for kids in the kitchen:
1. Check that the oven and other cooking appliances are turned off before you leave the kitchen.
2. Keep electrical appliances away from water to avoid shocks. Stay away from electrical sockets, especially if your hands are wet.
3. If you burn yourself, tell an adult immediately and hold the burned area under cool running water.
4. Don’t put knives or other sharp objects into a sink full of water. Someone could reach in and get hurt.
5. Watch out for sharp knives. Let an adult cut or slice foods or help you do it.
6. Never put water on a cooking fire — it could make the fire bigger. Ask an adult for help! Put out a fire with a fire extinguisher. If the fire is small, it can be put out with baking soda or smothered with a lid. Leave the house and call 911 if the fire has leaping flames.
7. Don’t put cooked food on an unwashed plate or cutting board that held raw food. Always use a clean plate.
8. Never add water to a pan that has hot oil in it. It could make the oil splatter and burn someone.
9. Always turn pot handles in toward the back of the range top. This way no one can bump into them and knock the pot over.
10. Keep paper towels, dish towels and pot holders away from the range top so they don’t catch on fire.